Awarded the Nathanael G. Herreshoff Trophy in 1998, Arthur “Tuna” Wullschleger was and international judge of sailing events, a race administrator, and an international competitor.
- US Sailing awarded Arthur its most prestigious award, The Nathanael G. Herreshoff Trophy, in 1998.
- nternational judge of sailing events, a race administrator and international competitor.
- “Tuna” earned his nickname during the Fastnet Race in 79′, when he ordered his crew to take down the spinnaker. The crew called him “Tuna, Chicken of the Sea”. They won the race, and Tuna’s order may well have saved their lives.
- Operations manager of three America’s Cup syndicates including the America II syndicate for the New York Yacht Club in 1987.
- Past commodore of both the Larchmont Yacht Club and the Storm Trysail Club and was one of the founders in 1965 of the Block Island Race Week.
- Member of the New York Yacht Club and of the Lauderdale Yacht Club.
- Jury chairman of Key West Race Week, the SORC in Miami, and Block Island Race Week.
- n recent years Arthur spent his summers on Nantucket where he was chief judge for the weekly races at the Nantucket Yacht Club and was also the chief judge for the Nantucket Race Week.